Short domain names
I was asked recently why a shorter domain name is better. It’s simple really – the shorter the domain the easier it is to remember. There are lots of other reasons of course and some tips for picking your address.
- better for branding and adverts
- loyal customers enjoy a short name since it’s quick to type.
- easier to attract direct traffic or type-in traffic as it’s sometime called. Less loyal visitors might not be bothered to type a long domain name
- it allows for longer sub-directories in adverts or directories
- has more value if you want to sell the domain in the future
- attention span is often short while browsing the web and so short domains take less time to read
- generic letters and terms will not offend any other parties or trademark owners
- if it’s harder to remember; potential customers might land on your competitors website
- Google Adwords has a maximum character limit.